The tenth and penultimate CPD webinar in our series looks at the final capability area, that of Managing Progress and Accountability: – The ability to hold attention on what is important for the client, and to leave responsibility with the client to act.
No matter which coaching/mentoring model or approach you are using, this represents the critical final stage in the process. Every aspect of the session so far leads to this point. Consequently, if there are any gaps in the previous steps, then this is where they will surface.
The essence of this point in the session is to explore with the client the actions so far and to encourage reflection. It is also an opportunity to challenge client responses where there are potential issues or learning points. It is also crucial to help the client to maintain the link between actions and their larger goal, as well as helping your client learn from experiences and accept accountability [and take responsibility] for the actions they have identified and agreed.
During our round-table discussion we will explore these areas and provide guidelines for effectively working with you client to ensure effective and meaningful actions. We will also discuss some of the elements that can derail the process, such as when the coach/mentor fails to address inconsistencies in what the client says relating to the action they are prepared to take or have taken as well as what happens if the coach accepts everything on face-value, makes decisions for the client or fails to hold them accountable for process.
As with previous CPD webinars, panellists will share their own personal experiences as well as best practice. Best- and worst-case scenarios from past assessments will also be highlighted to indicate where marks are gained and dropped.
Watch the recording here:
Find out more about our speakers here:
Betska K-Burr, CLI Co-President, Executive & Life Coach, Top 100 Global Management Consultants by CEO Today Magazine, Author, Coach Trainer – >https://coach-accreditation.services/view/coach-mentor-profile/entry/701/
David Monro-Jones, Executive Coach, IAPC&M Accredited Fellow Coach & Accredited Master Mentor –> https://coach-accreditation.services/view/coach-mentor-profile/entry/58/
Dawn Ann Campbell, Health & Fitness Lifestyle Coach & Mentor, IAPC&M Accredited Fellow Coach & Accredited Master Mentor – > https://coach-accreditation.services/view/coach-mentor-profile/entry/100/
- If you missed the first discussion in this series on contracting, then visit HERE
- If you missed the second discussion in this series where we exploring trust, then visit HERE
- If you missed the third discussion in this series exploring the self in coaching, then visit HERE
- If you missed the forth discussion in this series exploring active listening skills, then visit HERE
- If you missed the fifth discussion in this series on powerful questioning, then visit HERE
- If you missed the sixth discussion in this series on direct communication, then visit HERE
- If you missed the seventh discussion in this series on challenging feedback, then visit HERE
- If you missed the eighth discussion in this series on considering options, then visit HERE
- If you missed the ninth discussion in this series on action planning, then visit HERE