“Hi Dawn, what a great call (Powerful Questions), I got so much from it. I’ve been coaching for 11 years, but it’s always great to revisit good practice. Appreciate you. Thanks a million.” ~ Claudia Crawley, ASC
This unique series of IAPC&M capability-based CPD webinar discussions are for your benefit. This schedule of 11 calls (one per month during 2020) will provide you with a supportive tool to help you better prepare for your live assessment call, thus increasing your chance of success first time around.
The sixth in the series covers the importance of Direct Communication: The ability to communicate effectively by using appropriate and clear language that the client can understand, making use of the information and feedback provided.
Communication is not just a skill of coaching, it is the skill of coaching. If we cannot connect with a client on their wavelength with their language, our coaching sessions are likely to be less successful. Furthermore, we can consider that how we say something is equally if not more important than how we say something.
This round-table discussion will explore the distinctions between effective and ineffective communication, including how to use clear language and examples, such as metaphor to clarify points with the client. We will also explore how to deliver potentially challenging feedback in a neutral, down-to-earth and confident way. Potential pitfalls will similarly be explored including the problems with jargon and appearing nervous when tackling sensitive or challenging issues.
As with previous CPD webinars, panelists will share their own personal experiences as well as best practice.
We look forward to seeing you there. Please bring or send your questions for the panel.
Please register here:
Find out more about our speakers here:
- Fahad Khalaf, Business and People Transformation Partner, IAPC&M Accredited Master Coach –> https://coach-accreditation.services/view/coach-mentor-profile/entry/517/
- David Monro-Jones, Executive Coach, IAPC&M Accredited Fellow Coach & Accredited Master Mentor –> https://coach-accreditation.services/view/coach-mentor-profile/entry/58/
- Dawn Ann Campbell, Health & Fitness Lifestyle Coach & Mentor, IAPC&M Accredited Fellow Coach & Accredited Master Mentor –> https://coach-accreditation.services/view/coach-mentor-profile/entry/100/
- If you missed the first discussion in this series on contracting, then visit HERE
- If you missed the second discussion in this series where we exploring trust, then visit HERE
- If you missed the third discussion in this series exploring the self in coaching, then visit HERE
- If you missed the forth discussion in this series exploring active listening skills, then visit HERE
- If you missed the fifth discussion in this series on powerful questioning, then visit HERE
These CPD and business building webinars are a benefit to our accredited professional practitioners, and if you need a CPD log, please ask us for one HERE.
So, if you’re not yet accredited, then find out how you too can benefit by applying for your professional accreditation status now because increasingly accreditation is one of the key differentiators that clients look for! Apply for your professional status HERE!