“Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success” Dr. Joyce Brothers.
We all aspire to better ourselves, be it to look better, feel better, or get a better job. And whilst it might take a little bit of effort to achieve, with a bit of work, these things are all possible.
The International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring is the leading accreditation authority for professional coaches. With that in mind, their Sales & Marketing director, Dawn Ann Campbell, is sharing 5 things you can do to help you secure a promotion:
1. Express interest – foster an open, honest relationship with someone at work about what you want or need and tell them what you are willing to give in return. If not your line manager, then HR. You must remember, people are not mind readers.
2. Engage – let the department or line manager know that you are there and that you aspire for a promotion. You must positively engage with them in order to stand out from the crowd and ask what you have to do to be considered, after all if you don’t ask you don’t get!
3. Be proactive – find ways to show that you mean business and are serious about your career path. For example, keeping a CPD log records what you have learnt so far, how you are applying it to your current job, and how you can use this for your future position.
4. Show your passion – sign up for any relevant courses being offered by your employer and let them see that you are passionate about your personal development. They should be more committed to keeping you happy in return.
5. Be prepared – keep your CV short and up to date (just 1 page unless you are at a managerial level in which case 2 pages is acceptable) so you can respond to any new opportunities immediately and effectively.
To find a career coach to help you secure that all-important promotion, choose here https://coach-accreditation.services/directories/find-an-accredited-coach-or-mentor/