This unique series of IAPC&M capability-based CPD webinar discussions are for your benefit. This schedule of 11 calls (one per month during 2020) will provide you with a supportive tool to help you better prepare for your live assessment call, thus increasing your chance of success first time around.
The eighth CPD webinar in our series looks at the importance of Considering Options – The ability to support the client in exploring options that will maximise opportunities for on-going learning and progress on the desired outcome.
If we were using the TGROW model, we would be firmly into ‘O’ for Options territory. No matter what model you are using, it is important to work with your client to fully explore alternatives, possibilities and to encourage them to evaluate their options. During this process you may also challenge your client’s assumptions to provoke new possibilities for outcomes based action as well as encouraging them to evaluate and address risks, opportunities and limiting beliefs.
During our round-table discussion we will explore these areas and provide guidelines for effectively drawing options from a client. There is a causal link to the previous webinar on providing feedback and challenge, as this will help you to challenge your client to challenge themselves. We will also discuss some of the elements that can derail the process, such as a coach asking about options or actions before the situation is fully explored or failing to explore risks, opportunities and limiting beliefs.
As with previous CPD webinars, panellists will share their own personal experiences as well as best practice. Bets and worst case scenarios from past assessments will also be highlighted to indicate where marks are gained and dropped.
We look forward to seeing you there. Please bring or send your questions for the panel.
Find out more about our speakers here:
- Rachella Leonello, MD and Lead Trainer for the School Well Being Alliance, IAPC&M Accredited Master Coach –> https://coach-accreditation.services/how-to-coach-adolescents-in-an-engaging-way-heres-what-you-missed-from-the-webinar/
- David Monro-Jones, Executive Coach, IAPC&M Accredited Fellow Coach & Accredited Master Mentor –> https://coach-accreditation.services/view/coach-mentor-profile/entry/58/
- Dawn Ann Campbell, Health & Fitness Lifestyle Coach & Mentor, IAPC&M Accredited Fellow Coach & Accredited Master Mentor –> https://coach-accreditation.services/view/coach-mentor-profile/entry/100/
- If you missed the first discussion in this series on contracting, then visit HERE
- If you missed the second discussion in this series where we exploring trust, then visit HERE
- If you missed the third discussion in this series exploring the self in coaching, then visit HERE
- If you missed the forth discussion in this series exploring active listening skills, then visit HERE
- If you missed the fifth discussion in this series on powerful questioning, then visit HERE
- If you missed the sixth discussion in this series on direct communication, then visit HERE
- If you missed the seventh discussion in this series on challenging feedback, then visit HERE