This unique series of IAPC&M capability-based CPD webinar discussions are for your benefit. This schedule of 11 calls (one per month during 2020) will provide you with a supportive tool to help you better prepare for your live assessment call, thus increasing your chance of success first time around.
The ninth CPD webinar in our series looks at the importance of Action Planning: – The ability to create an effective coaching plan with the client.
If we were using the TGROW model, we would be firmly into ‘W’ for the action planning zone. This is where you help the client to identify what will really address the issue and make a difference as well as preparing them for future action and build confidence in their capability. It is also about helping the clients to set challenging but achievable steps that they are committed to take in addition to helping them identify different resources for moving forward.
During our round-table discussion we will explore these areas and provide guidelines for effectively working with you client to develop effective and meaningful actions. This is where all the preceding webinar topics converge for the penultimate time. Consequently, the panel will reference the importance of getting the other capability areas correct to ensure an effective action planning session.
We will also discuss some of the elements that can derail the process, such as when the real issue is not identified or under-explored and/or when the coach fails to follow up on an apparent lack of commitment or potential issues that may impede progress
As with previous CPD webinars, panellists will share their own personal experiences as well as best practice. Best- and worst-case scenarios from past assessments will also be highlighted to indicate where marks are gained and dropped. You can watch the recording here:
Find out more about our speakers here:
Ruby McGuire, Business Mastery & Mindset Queen | Trainer | Speaker | Author – MCIPD, ASC, NLP Coach & Practitioner, EFT Practitioner & Time Line Therapist, IAPC&M Accredited Senior Coach–> https://coach-accreditation.services/view/coach-mentor-profile/entry/219/
David Monro-Jones, Executive Coach, IAPC&M Accredited Fellow Coach & Accredited Master Mentor –> https://coach-accreditation.services/view/coach-mentor-profile/entry/58/
Dawn Ann Campbell, Health & Fitness Lifestyle Coach & Mentor, IAPC&M Accredited Fellow Coach & Accredited Master Mentor –> https://coach-accreditation.services/view/coach-mentor-profile/entry/100/
- If you missed the first discussion in this series on contracting, then visit HERE
- If you missed the second discussion in this series where we exploring trust, then visit HERE
- If you missed the third discussion in this series exploring the self in coaching, then visit HERE
- If you missed the forth discussion in this series exploring active listening skills, then visit HERE
- If you missed the fifth discussion in this series on powerful questioning, then visit HERE
- If you missed the sixth discussion in this series on direct communication, then visit HERE
- If you missed the seventh discussion in this series on challenging feedback, then visit HERE
- If you missed the eighth discussion in this series on considering options, then visit HERE