Our core purpose is the provision of accreditation to enable professional coaches and mentors to demonstrate the highest levels of professional standards in the industry.
This is essential because:
- We believe that everyone has the right to be protected from non-accredited coaches, mentors and training providers.
- We believe that every coach, mentor and coach/mentor training provider must be accredited to practice.
- By consistently demonstrating the highest levels of professional standards in the industry, our accredited members support us in building trust in the coaching and mentoring profession for the benefit of everyone.
Routes to Your Professional Accreditation
There are three routes to achieving your individual professional accreditation.
- Accredited Training Provider Course Route (ATPCR)– This route is open to coaches and mentors who have attended and successfully completed a course with one of our accredited training providers.
A list of our accredited training providers can be found here
If you are unsure whether your course has been accredited by the IAPC&M, please contact us.
- Portfolio Route – This route is open to coaches and mentors who have attended and successfully completed a course with a training provider who is not accredited with us.
This route is also available to any coach or mentor who holds or has held a credential or accreditation with another awarding organisation, such as ICF, EMCC, AfC etc.
- Acknowledgement of Prior Learning (APL) – As an inclusive organisation, we recognise that there may be times when a coach or mentor may not have attended a dedicated training course, though they may have other relevant qualifications and/or experience. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Four Levels of Accreditation
Our levels for accreditation are based upon demonstration several key factors, including the number of hours training you have received, and the number of hours of actual experience you have. The level that you choose to apply for is reflective of your capability.
- Fellow(usually by invitation to apply)
Except for Fellow, all levels offer you the opportunity to upgrade to the next level. Full support is offered to all our members in this process.
Accredited Practitioner Coach/Mentor
|60 hrs specific training + 60 hrs of actual experience|
Accredited Master Coach/Mentor
|180 hrs specific training + 1500 hrs of actual experience|
Accredited Senior Coach/Mentor
|120 hrs specific training + 750 hrs of actual experience|
Accredited Fellow Coach/Mentor
|240 hrs specific training + 2500 hrs of actual experience|
Accreditation is valid for three years. The reaccreditation process is designed to ensure that accredited members are continuing to practice at the highest levels of professionalism in the industry and to maintain the International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring’s Code of Professional Conduct.
Very Important Pensioners (VIP)
In recognition of the great service provided by those who have aged in years as well as wisdom, we offer a 50% discount to all those practitioners who are pensioners. Simply enter VIP50 into the ‘coupon’ box upon application.