“You can’t live a perfect day until you do something for someone who will never be able to repay you.” – John Woode
The IAPC&M is the leading accreditation body for professional coaches & mentors. With that in mind, Sales & Marketing director, Dawn Ann Campbell, shares five simple, yet effective tips that you can apply immediately to your everyday routine that will help make your days as productive and enjoyable as they can possibly be!
- Start the day happy – decide that when you open your eyes in bed each morning, the day ahead of you is going to be your best day yet. Then set out to make that happen. If you put on a smile in the morning (even if you’re not feeling happy) it’ll trick your brain into thinking you’re happy and work to improve your mood for the day
- Don’t hold yourself back – ignore your inner critic and get out of your own way. It’s better to do something and face mistakes along the way than to never do anything at all. Holding yourself back does nothing but create regret and discourage you from completing future projects
- Have a positive attitude – practice PMA (positive mental attitude) and find ways to maintain your PMA throughout the day. If there’s something, or someone, that gets you down, try to eliminate it from your everyday life. A positive attitude is the first step when it comes to starting a new project, big or small. If you say you’re going to succeed, the chances of your guess coming true are greater
- Surround yourself with the right people – stay away from negative people as they can drag you down if you’re not self-aware. We’d like to think that family, friends and colleagues have our best interests at heart, sadly that’s not always the case, so choose who you hang out with wisely
- Play nice! – whether or not you believe in karma, being the best version of yourself pays dividends. Smile more, be kind to everyone, and encourage others who are less fortunate than yourself. This will not only make you feel good about yourself, it’s also good for other people and puts everyone in a positive mood!