5 Tips for turning things around so you too can start living your best life…
1. Low energy and no mojo – in times when we feel enervated and exhausted, it becomes vital to focus on what makes you feel good, what brings you joy, and what we can do to have more of those things in our lives. Even taking the time each morning to just ‘be’, breathe, or read a few pages of inspirational material with a green smoothie is a great start!
2. You’re not sleeping well – keep a pad and pen by your bed and note down what is stopping you from sleeping. Getting those feelings out is critical for moving on and getting back to your doze. Dreams have a funny way of being analogies of our lives, so also note your dreams as they can have a hidden meaning.
3. Your appetite isn’t normal – under-eating and over-eating can both indicate unhappiness or stress. It’s easy to turn to comfort food in times of emotional intensity, so ask yourself: what’s eating you, what emotions are you swallowing, and what needs are not being met that could be causing this?
4. You don’t think you’re good company – ask friends and family for feedback on your behaviour. If they say that you’ve been different (or difficult), ask them how long it’s been going on for and what they think is the issue. More often than not, they’ll pick up things and read between the lines. That being said, no-one knows you better than you know yourself, so listen to your gut too!
5. You’re living life through a TV – on average, 40% of our time is spent in front of a screen. When you’re watching TV, check if it was conscious or habitual. Calculate the number of minutes (or hours) you have lost watching TV, and use that time next week on something that moves you closer to a better life, or finding your purpose and your pleasure.