Health is a precious currency that we, especially in Western cultures, tend to trade for quick pleasures like junk food or smoking. But what if we could become more conscientious about how we’re treating our bodies and take steps towards improving our habits?
The International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring is the leading accreditation authority for professional coaches. Here, one of their accredited coaches, offers up 5 tips to instantly improve your health:
- Quality in = quality out – what you put into your body really matters. It’s a cliché, but you are what you eat! It’s all too easy to sabotage your health by simply neglecting to feed your body a nutritious and well-rounded diet, especially with our busy lifestyles.
- Adopt a positive mindset – just as it’s true that you are what you eat, it’s also true that ‘you are what you think’. You create your own reality in every second and positive thoughts will lead to positive actions – and ditto for negative ones.
- Educate yourself – a lot of obesity (especially childhood obesity!) can be blamed on a lack of education around correct nourishment or knowledge of how to cook. Don’t neglect these basic survival skills. After all, education and learning is power!
- Exercise – giving yourself a safe and enjoyable way to exercise will improve your figure, remove stress, and boost your overall wellbeing. Combining it with some positive social interaction will work wonders for your mood too.
- Stay natural – ever ready, artificially coloured, synthetically flavoured, deliberately addictive food is all too available, and may seem like the perfect option on a busy day. But, these additive-ridden foods are not nourishing our bodies in the right ways. Stick to natural foods to see long-term health.