Through accreditation, we build trust and confidence in the coaching and mentoring profession for the benefit of everyone.
Welcome to the website for the International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring
We thank you for visiting our site and wish to take the opportunity to say a little more about who we are, what we stand for and explain why accreditation matters.
Who we are:
Established in 2004 as ECI Accreditation Limited, and most recently recognised as the IIC&M, we remain an independent organisation, run by coaches and mentors for the benefit of coaches, mentors and training providers. We are an international organisation with members all over the world. We are an authority on accrediting professionals in our industry because that’s our core business. We don’t have a training course to plug, and we are not driven by shareholders. Therefore, our sole focus is to make sure every single step of the accreditation process directly benefits our members, including the hiring public.
What we do:
We accredit independent coaches, mentors and coach/mentor training providers to ensure that they are operating at the highest possible standards. We also work with corporations to accredit in-house coaching/mentoring teams. This is reflected in our purpose:
- We provide accreditation to enable practitioners to demonstrate they have the highest levels of professional standards in the industry
- We are committed to supporting training providers and helping with the on-going education of practitioners personally and professionally, though a structured CPD programme
- We are an independent, inclusive organisation, open to exploring strategic alliances as well as adopting new ideas and practices that benefit everyone.
Why do we do what we do?
We are passionate about protecting everyone from non-accredited practitioners and trainers so we only promote professionals working to the highest possible standards.
- We believe that everyone has the right to be protected from non-accredited coaches, mentors and training providers
- We believe that every coach, mentor and coach/mentor training provider must be accredited in order to practice
- We believe in challenging the status quo and the taken-for-granted assumptions that surround our industry
- We believe our accreditation levels improve the industry standard that everyone should expect
- Our sole focus is making everyone aware of why accreditation matters and the added protection that affords them. Click here
What we stand for:
We stand up for you! We stand up for the importance of accreditation in the coaching, mentoring and coach/mentor training profession, as well as within corporations who have coaches and/or mentors.
Our motto clearly expresses our beliefs and purpose:
‘Through accreditation, we build trust in the coaching and mentoring profession for the benefit of everyone’
Our mission is to increase public confidence and raise industry standards by enforcing a vigorous and comprehensive accreditation process that ensures the quality of professional coaches and mentors.
Coaching and mentoring is all about relationships. We never lose sight of this and always endeavour to maintain the ‘human element’ with all our clients, be they members, volunteers or strategic partners – they are all clients to us. We don’t have an email culture, we prefer to talk with you about your requirements and the support you need. A tea, coffee or smoothie via Skype, Zoom, the telephone or even face-to-face is what’s important to us. So we value your feedback, contributions and anything you are doing like us to make a positive difference.
We support all of our members through the specific skills, knowledge and expertise offered from each of our departments:
- Accreditation supports coaches, mentors and training providers in applying for, upgrading and renewing their accreditation. The process is regularly reviewed to ensure that our accreditation methods and standards are comprehensive and in-line with the demands of the industry and the hiring public, which is formally re-assessed every three years.
- Education supports coaches, mentors and training providers by providing webinars and educational information for the development of skills, knowledge and business-building capability.
- Professional Standards is responsible for providing the Code of Professional Conduct and outlining the requirements for Continued Professional Development (CPD), a core element of the accreditation process. This department also manages the complaints procedure, should anyone raise a complaint against one of our accredited members.
Doing our bit:
As best we can, we are doing our bit for the planet. We reduce the amount of paper we use by only sending
electronic copies of certificates and logos. We are truly a paperless organisation. We host our meetings over the internet to save travel, and if a journey is required, we will attempt to complete this in the most environmentally friendly way possible. If we can do more, we will find a way to do it.
There is so much that we can achieve together and we invite you to join us in ensuring that ‘Through accreditation, together, we will build trust in the coaching and mentoring profession for the benefit of everyone’.
“As a professionally qualified Chartered Surveyor, it was important to me to be accredited by a professional Coaching organisation and one that is not only approved by the UK Government, but is actively working (with the government) to get the Coaching industry in the UK regulated.
My International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring accreditation provides my Clients with peace of mind that I’m suitably qualified, professional and properly regulated by a professional body.
Being International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring qualified has also proved invaluable in terms of business generation for me.”
“As a coach-training provider and professional coach, I have had a business relationship with International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring (and formerly ECI) for fifteen-years.I can strongly attest that the support they provided in that time has been of enormous benefit to both my students and my own business.
Accreditation is usually the first thing a student enquires about and they have always been assured that they are getting the best international recognition for their qualification upon examining International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring credentials.
On a personal level, I have always found the personnel to be friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful at all times. I will continue to use International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring services and highly recommend them for any coach, mentor or training-provider.”
“The International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring accreditation for my coach training course has added considerable gravitas to my business offer and a professional mark of excellence for my students.
It adds confidence and assurance that the course is of a high calibre and meets the requirements for complete and professional coach training.
It is reassuring that the International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring maintain high standards for accreditation and acts as a reliable barometer of excellence in the industry and has considerably increased the status of Pure Coaching Academy’s offer”