What does the professional standards team do?
- It creates the standards and ethics framework for everyone
- We provide the benchmark for how complaints are assessed
- We ensure that these professional standards are embedded in the coaching and mentoring practice of all members.
What are the professional standards?
- Being accountable
- Keeping accurate records
- Communicating effectively
- Being honest and trustworthy
- Delivering exceptional client care
- Protecting the rights of the client
- Practising safely within the scope of practice
- Establishing and maintaining public trust and confidence within the industry.
Why do we need professional standards?
- To raise the profile of our profession
- To ensure that the public is protected
- To make our industry one we can be proud of.