Through accreditation, we build trust and confidence in the coaching and mentoring profession for the benefit of everyone.
Welcome to the International Authority for Professional Coaching & Mentoring website.
Established in 2004 as ECI Accreditation Limited, and most recently recognised as the IIC&M, we are an independent not-for-profit organisation, run by coaches and mentors for the benefit of coaches, mentors and training providers around the world. We are an authority on accrediting individuals and service providers in our industry. We don’t have our own training course to plug, and we are not driven by shareholders. Therefore, our sole focus is to make sure every single step of the accreditation process directly benefits our members, including the hiring public.
Thank you for visiting our site, and taking the opportunity to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and why accreditation matters.
‘Through accreditation, we build trust in the coaching and mentoring profession for the benefit of everyone’.
- We believe that everyone has the right to be protected from non-accredited coaches, mentors and training providers
- We believe that every coach, mentor and coach/mentor training provider must be accredited in order to practice
- We believe in challenging the status quo and the taken-for-granted assumptions that surround our industry
- We believe our accreditation levels improve the industry standard that everyone should expect
- Our sole focus is making everyone aware of the importance of accreditation
- We provide accreditation to enable practitioners to demonstrate they have the highest levels of professional standards in the industry
- We are committed to supporting training providers and helping with the on-going education of practitioners personally and professionally, though a structured CPD programme
- We are an independent, inclusive organisation, open to exploring strategic alliances as well as adopting new ideas and practices that benefit everyone
To be recognised as the leading accreditation body for professional coaches and mentors, training providers, and corporations with in-house coaching and mentoring teams.
We increase public confidence and raise industry standards by enforcing a vigorous accreditation process that ensures the quality of professional coaches & mentors.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: We promote consistency, transparency and exercise moral and ethical principles in all our interactions
- Excellence: We are committed to persistently pursuing excellence
- Making a Difference: Through co-operation, we develop effective practices to make a positive difference
- Contribution: Everything we do is grounded in the belief that our accreditation must be the highest possible standard and benefit everyone
- Continuous Growth: We recognise our duty to meet and exceed customer’s individual needs and expectations. Through diligence, perseverance and learning we aim to become the best
Our supporting values:
Professional Responsibility: We care about the standards of coaching and mentoring accreditation. We see it as our duty and obligation to ensure that we apply our knowledge, skills and experience for the benefit of our customers and as our contribution to society. We embrace problem solving and continuous learning.
Accountability: We take full responsibility for what we do. We are not afraid to stand by our decisions, actions and the inclusive purpose of projects and initiatives. We also acknowledge when we are wrong.
We support all of our members through the specific skills, knowledge and expertise offered from each of our departments:
- Accreditation supports coaches, mentors and training providers in applying for, upgrading and renewing their accreditation. The process is regularly reviewed to ensure that our accreditation methods and standards are comprehensive and in-line with the demands of the industry and the hiring public.
- Education supports coaches, mentors and training providers by providing webinars and educational information for the development of skills, knowledge and business-building capability.
- Professional Standards is responsible for providing the Code of Professional Conduct and outlining the requirements for Continued Professional Development (CPD), a core element of the accreditation process. This department also manages the complaints procedure, should anyone raise a complaint against one of our accredited members.
There is so much that we can achieve together and we invite you to join us in ensuring that ‘Through accreditation, together, we will build trust in the coaching and mentoring profession for the benefit of everyone’.
“As a professionally qualified Chartered Surveyor, it was important to me to be accredited by a professional Coaching organisation and one that is not only approved by the UK Government, but is actively working (with the government) to get the Coaching industry in the UK regulated.
My IIC&M accreditation provides my Clients with peace of mind that I’m suitably qualified, professional and properly regulated by a professional body.
Being IIC&M qualified has also proved invaluable in terms of business generation for me.”
“As a coach-training provider and professional coach, I have had a business relationship with IIC&M (and formerly ECI) for fifteen-years.I can strongly attest that the support they provided in that time has been of enormous benefit to both my students and my own business.
Accreditation is usually the first thing a student enquires about and they have always been assured that they are getting the best international recognition for their qualification upon examining IIC&M’s credentials.
On a personal level, I have always found the personnel to be friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful at all times. I will continue to use IIC&M services and highly recommend them for any coach, mentor or training-provider.”
“The IIC&M accreditation for my coach training course has added considerable gravitas to my business offer and a professional mark of excellence for my students.
It adds confidence and assurance that the course is of a high calibre and meets the requirements for complete and professional coach training.
It is reassuring that the IIC&M maintain high standards for accreditation and acts as a reliable barometer of excellence in the industry and has considerably increased the status of Pure Coaching Academy’s offer”